As an ideal inverter for small and medium-sized households, the Sunny Boy TL is already ensuring high yields in thousands of PV systems worldwide. It is not only available in different power classes, but also for different roof designs. Thanks to the right communications technology, such as SMA’s Webconnect integrated into the inverter, this data can also be accessed online.
Thanks to the higher, 750 volt maximum DC input voltage, often times one less module string is needed because more modules can be switched on in a series.
• Highly flexible design reduces cabling requirements
• Maximum efficiency of 97 percent ensures top solar
Greater flexibility in planning, implementing and solar harvest: The advantages of multi-string technology in the new transformerless Sunny Boy are also available in the 3 kW model.
• Optimal yield in partial shading and efficient operation of east/west arrays
• Two MPP trackers with expandable OptiTrac®* Global Peak operational control
• Optional: Single Tracker for complex or simple roof structures or as an add-on to existing PV plants
Thanks to innovative mounting concept. The wall mount has also been redesigned, and now allows you to attach the inverter easily by inserting it from above.
• Fast and professional attachment, even on walls that are not completely straight
• Popular anti-theft protection option available
Intelligent controls offer advantages in every situation: Thanks to its integrated grid management functions, the new Sunny Boy with Reactive Power Control offers universal deployment options and contributes to grid support.
• Fewer disconnections from the grid thanks to voltage reduction via reactive power
• Increased plant profitability
Thanks to international graphics characters. The user-friendly graphic display speaks a clear language: The dot matrix display can perfectly present any letter or symbol.
• Current display features Latin and Cyrillic letters as well as Japanese characters
• Upcoming software updates for additional languages such as Thai, Hebrew and Arabic
Sounds good: The new transformerless Sunny Boy works so efficiently that its cooling concept no longer requires the usual fan.
• The device is nearly silent
• Requires less service, saving time and money
Combining a wide input voltage and input current range, the transformerless Sunny Boy can be connected to nearly all standard crystalline PV modules. As a proven entry-level model, its efficiency is first-class. Its low weight and robust enclosure make installation easy, both indoors and outdoors. With its three power classes, it is the ideal inverter for smaller PV systems.
• Efficiency of up to 96 %
• Complete monitoring solution thanks to integrated Speedwire/Webconnect interface
• Integrated ESS DC load-break switch (optional)
• Proven technology
• Maintenance free, thanks to convection cooling
• SUNCLIX DC plug-in system
• Easy commissioning of the integrated Speedwire/Webconnect interface
...but also perfectly suited to the design of the traditional residential PV system up to the higher power outage range. After all, with the addition of the new 10 kVA and 12 kVA* versions to the portfolio, the Sunny Tripower product range covers a broad spectrum of applications. Users benefit from numerous tried-and-tested product features. Highly flexible with its proven Optiflex technology and asymmetrical multistring, it delivers maximum yields with a top efficiency rating and OptiTrac Global Peak. In addition to Bluetooth communication, it also comes standard with a direct Sunny Portal connection via SMA Webconnect. Other standard features include integrated grid management functions, reactive power supply and suitability for operation with a 30 mA RCD. In summary, when it comes to system design in the 5 to 12 kW power classes, the Sunny Tripower is the optimum product solution – for applications ranging from use in your own home and larger PV rooftop systems to implementation of smaller-scale PV farms.
• Maximum efficiency of 98%
• Shade management with OptiTrac Global Peak
• Active temperature management with OptiCool
• DC input voltage of up to 1,000 V
• Integrated grid management functions
• Reactive power supply
• Module-tailored system design with Optiflex
• SMA Webconnect
• Sunny Portal communication
• Bluetooth® communication
• Simple country configuration
• Multifunction relay comes standard
• Three-phase feed-in
• Cable connection without tools
• SUNCLIX DC plug-in system
• Integrated ESS DC switch-disconnector
• Easy wall mounting
No "BS" all the way from design, to quoting, to installation. Scott is highly knowledgeable, which led to an ideal installation. Can't recommend Scott and his team highly enough.
Scott - 2234 NSW
I found Australian Solar Designs to be a most efficient and "user-friendly" company. Emails, and/or phone calls were answered promptly. Nothing was too much trouble. The two young men who carried out the installation work, were friendly and...
Lynne - NSW
I did not go with the lowest price but the one with the most professional initial approach,quotation and follow up.every question was promptly answered in a most timely and helpful manner.
Despite the weather the Installation was prompt an...
Lionel - 2225 NSW
Scott Mason was excellent from the moment he came to quote for our job. We were kept up to date with all aspects without having to ask. Our system is working beautifully.
Alison - 2607 ACT
We selected Australian Solar Designs after meeting representatives of the three introduced to us by SolarQuotes (ASD being one of them) and two others we had contacted before being aware of SolarQuotes – one of those did not visit us but on...
Vic - 2540 NSW